- Author : Attribute
The electric system you have in your home is usually a product of the time that it was built, so older homes are usually only equipped to handle a very low amount of amperage, meaning that the breaker or fuse that the electricity flows through can trip more easily.
The two biggest problems that this causes are:
Faulty wiring in your household and loose connections can increase the risk of electric shocks and/or;
If the breaker does not trip and the amperage running through the electrical system is too large to handle, the wires could overheat and start a fire.
It is for these reasons that it is best to replace the electrical system in older homes.
Indications that your home need a new electrical system installed:
- Circuit breakers tripping or fuses blowing frequently
- A low number of outlets in the home
- Lights that dim when other appliances are turned on
- Minor shocks when touching an electrical appliance
- Burning smells in any room
- A lack of three-pronged outlets throughout the house
- You find yourself having to use a lot of extension cords or power strips to support all of your devices
- You have built additions to your home like a new garage, office or workshop
- Your circuit breaker trips when you operate a hair dryer
Once you have decided that your home does need a new or updated electrical system, it is carried out by qualified licensed electricians.
We enjoy helping our clients out with any aspects of electrical work that they require information or guidance on.
We offer a full service from site survey to full commissioning, for a quote contact us on our website or give us a call on 01736 447307.