- Author : Attribute
With more and more people purchasing electrical vehicles, there is now a higher demand for electrical charge points in the UK, particularly in our homes.
I find when people think about purchasing an electrical vehicle one of their concerns is about how complicated it will be to charge our cars, especially as it is a fairly new concept to many.
With this in mind here is an overview of how charge points work at how they can be installed in your home.
Some facts to know about EV Charge Points:
- In order to charge an electric car at home in efficient time you will need a dedicated home charging point installed.
- A home charging point is a compact weatherproof unit that mounts to a wall with a connected charging cable or socket for plugging in a portable charging cable.
- EV charge points should be installed by a qualified specialist.
- Currently there is a potential to gain an OLEV grant of £500 towards domestic and work-place charge point installations.
- Once your EV charger is installed you only pay for the electricity you use to charge.
- Usually your EV charge point at home will be mounted on to an exterior wall or garage near to where you park and connect to a safe mains electricity supply.
- The speed in which you can charge your electric vehicle will depend on the speed of the unit you choose, higher voltage will charge faster but cost a bit more initially.
- The average electricity rate in the UK is about 14p per kWh, while on economy 7 tariffs the average overnight electricity rate in the UK is 8p per kWh.
Here at NSN Electrical we specialise in quality individual installations, tailored to the clients requirements.
We work alongside our clients to figure out the best plan for installation, always putting the client first.
We offer a number of different chargers that can be installed, but if you find a charger that you prefer that we don’t install, then we will do our best to provide this for you.
Learn about our EV Charge Point services here:- http://nsnelectrical.co.uk/services/car-charge-points/